Happy February! It’s the month of love, and everyone on Zoosk senses Cupid’s presence, including us here at Zoosk’s offices. It’s been a love-filled year for us, and we couldn’t have done it without our wonderful members. While Cupid’s arrows fly your way, Zoosk takes a look back at 2010, ushering in future goals by celebrating the milestones we’ve passed. Here are some cool facts:
- In 2010… Zoosk became one of the most popular online dating services in the world! Zoosk ranked 1st in comScore’s US Personals-category rankings in November 2010 and 2nd in December 2010, and is currently ranked in comScore’s top 10 Personals sites in countries like Spain (ranked 2nd in December 2010), Italy (ranked 4th in December 2010), and France (ranked 5th in December 2010). As of January 2011, our total annual sales run rate is more than $90M (approximately 250% growth in one year)!
- In 2010… Zoosk launched service on 3 new platforms to help our members find love: iPhone, Android, and the Zoosk Messenger chat client. So far, 4M Messenger client downloads and 2M iPhone downloads have been made as our users transform their online dating experience with new technologies. We also debuted some major product features: ZSMS (Zoosk’s Scientific Matchmaking Service) and Zoosk Affinity.
- Since 2010… Zoosk has launched 3 new television commercials in the US, 2 new television commercials in Canada, and 1 new commercial in the United Kingdom! Our latest ad has been viewed on our YouTube channel over 700K times since launching on December 27, 2010. How many times have our competitors’ ads been watched on YouTube since ours launched? Less than 50k.
(Of Zoosk’s ads, 2 were featured at the Screen Actors Guild Awards on January 30, 2011 – while other online dating companies had 0 ads featured at the SAG Awards.)
- In 2010… Zoosk localized in 5 new languages, and we’re now available in 25 supported languages! Love is the universal language, after all!
- In 2010... Zoosk made millions of new fans on Facebook. We now have nearly 3M fans on Zoosk’s Facebook Fan Page (2.75M more than the other top 5 dating sites combined) and our fans have made over 30M interactions on Zoosk’s Facebook wall! We love making friends
Whew, that was a lot of stuff to celebrate! And we’re just getting started. We think that 2011 will be an even bigger year for us than 2010! So stay tuned… and Happy Zoosking! <3
- Online dating site Zoosk’s 2010 sales up 250 percent to $90 million – TechCrunch
- Zoosk’s premium dating service earning $90M annually – VentureBeat
- Social Dating Service Proves There’s Life After Facebook – San Francisco Chronicle
- Social dating site Zoosk’s sales climb to $90 million – Tecca