New Year’s Resolutions Check-up? Be Happy with Yourself Right Now!
With January just gone, it’s a good time to think back on your New Year’s resolutions as Valentine’s Day approaches. Did you miss anything?
Confidence and happiness really attract people, so the best thing you can do as a single person is be happy with yourself! But what if you’re feeling insecure or down? There are some simple things you can do to become happier with yourself. They take daily practice, but they’re worth it!
Here are 5 ways to work on boosting your confidence:
1. Accept yourself as you are, even if you also want to change things about your life. For example, “I accept that I’m a bit out of shape, and I want to go to the gym to get more fit”.
2. Do things that make you happy. This may seem obvious, but how much of our days are spent doing things that don’t make us happy? Read a good book, go for a nice walk, or do anything at all that you love.
3. Fake it until you make it. Try smiling, acting confident, or being outgoing even when you don’t feel like it — practice in minor everyday situations, like conversing with the clerk at a store.
4. Focus on others. Often if we focus on ourselves we act more insecure, but if your goal is to make someone else feel good, your natural confidence might shine forth.
5. Talk to yourself. OK, maybe not out loud — but everyone has what’s called “self-talk”, the things you say to yourself when you think. Try to take control of it and say some positive, hopeful things to yourself whenever you can.
Share YOUR ideas for romantic new year’s resolutions in our comment section!