Posts tagged ‘julie spira’
by Julie Spira, the CyberDating Expert
I’ve gone on record as saying the ritual of having a ‘Date Night’ can actually save your relationship. It’s important to ‘date your mate’ and keep the romance alive after the honeymoon phase is over. Trust me, you can make those work deadlines and still have time for date night. Juggling your calendar is hard, but it can be done. Not sure where to start? Here are some of my tips.
1. Select a day and stick to it. Make sure you know your date night won’t be pre-empted by a football game or a standing nail appointment and stick to it. Every week on the same evening, you’ll be scheduling a romantic evening for you and your honey. Date night is sacred. Hire a babysitter, dog sitter, and take a pass on the happy hour invite.
2. Take turns on scheduling plans. Every week, you and your honey should alternate as to who selects the outing. Get creative. It can be as simple as in-room-dining by candlelight, to finding events to attend such as comedy shows, movies, plays, or free concerts.
3. Pre-date night foreplay. Show some enthusiasm and excitement leading up to your date. Leave a love note on your pillow or send a sexy text messages to each other in anticipation of your special night. Take out the lingerie that has been collecting dust in your bureau and wear it all day long.
4. Leave the boardroom behind. If you have had a fight with your boss or are worried about an upcoming presentation, take a break from talking about it on date night. There’s plenty of time to talk about work outside of your special evening.
5. Memorialize it. Be your own love historian. Bring your iPhone to take cute photos and videos, log into instagram and post a lovey-dovey shot of you and your sweetheart, and upload them to your photo sharing account on Flickr or to Facebook, if you’ve already announced to the world that you’re “In a Relationship.” Upload your favorite shot onto your desktop for quick viewing in between date nights.
The simple ritual of creating a date night can help you become as excited as you did during the first three months of dating, and can last for months, years, or decades to come!
Do you have your own date-night suggestions? Share them in our comment section!
About the author: Julie Spira is an online dating expert and bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Julie was an early adopter of online dating and creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com for dating advice and follow Julie @JulieSpira on Twitter and at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert
Photo via Flickr. Creative Commons License: Attribution-Sharealike.
Zoosk on Facebook | Zoosk on Twitter | Zoosk on YouTube
ZooskTV is happy to launch our brand new Zoosk interview series! We’ll be talking to a variety of experts in the love, dating, relationship, and online dating fields, to give you relevant advice and useful information on how to get the most out of your online dating experience. We’ll be pushing our awesome videos out here on the Zoosk blog and on Zoosk’s YouTube channel, so be sure to check back soon for new vids. Our first interview, which we are thrilled to present here, is with online dating expert and Huffington Post columnist Julie Spira. Julie chats with Zoosk about why she loves online dating — and she discusses specific things like effective online flirting, texting etiquette, keeping your views in perspective, and how to break the ice gracefully. Anyone interested in meeting their love on the internet should for sure check this out!
About Julie Spira: Julie is a worldwide authority in online dating. Her expert dating advice has appeared in numerous media outlets including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, ABC News, CBS News, FOX News, BBC Radio, Cosmo Radio, Cyberguy, E! Entertainment, Glamour.com, Mens Health, and the Huffington Post. She was named one of the Top 10 Columnists to follow on Twitter, @juliespira. (more…)
by Julie Spira, online dating expert
Congratulations! You’ve found a Zoosker that you’d like to get to know better. You’ve chatted online and now you believe that you’d like to take the chatting offline. How do you create the excitement online that will guarantee you a fabulous date in real life?
It’s time to take notes and follow the 5 F’s of Getting to a Fabulous First Date. First of all…
1. FIND someone that piques your curiosity. Search through Zoosk Date Cards to see what you have in common behind the smiling faces by viewing “Your Likes” and answering their Icebreakers. Watch your ZooskBox fill up with potential girls that you’d like to get to know better who will be eager to meet you. Then, ramp it up and…
2. FLIRT like crazy. You have to be in to win! Engage in quick fun, and flirty emails and wait for the responses to pour in. Contact women whose Date Cards make you smile and turn up the volume on the flirting techniques. There’s over 50 million single Zooskers, so there’s plenty of women waiting to hear from you. Make sure to keep it…
3. FUN – Make sure your Icebreakers are filled out on your date card to get started. Send emails about some of the most fun activities that you have experienced to let your personality shine. If you’ve jumped out of an airplane in a parachute let her know. Camped out in Yosemite? Add it to the list. Win an award for a spelling bee? It can be as simple as this. Don’t forget to find the…
4. FACTS – After 3 emails, it’s time to dig deeper and find out more about your potential date. Is she allergic to cats? Has she been out of work for a period of time? Still not over her ex? Drinking while driving? It’s time to find out what the possible deal breakers could be and dig in and do a little homework. If she passes the test, it’s time to put a date on the calendar. Finally, remember to…
5. FOLLOW-THROUGH – The old saying, “The squeaky wheel gets the deal” holds true for online and social dating. Respond quickly to the Zoosk Flirts when you’re notified that someone has taken the time to write to you. Waiting a few days may send her the wrong message that you aren’t interested. If she’s truly a catch, other Zooskers will realize that as well.
Remember to follow the 5 Fs in your first few emails. FIND someone interesting. FLIRT like crazy. Keep it FUN and light. Get the FACTS before you meet. FOLLOW THROUGH before your potential date goes from hot to ice-cold. With these F’s in mind, get out there and date, FEARLESSLY.
About the author: Julie Spira is a worldwide authority in online dating. Her expert dating advice has appeared in numerous media outlets including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, ABC News, CBS News, FOX News, BBC Radio, Cosmo Radio, Cyberguy, E! Entertainment, Glamour.com, Men’s Health, and the Huffington Post. She was named one of the Top 10 Columnists to follow on Twitter. Check out her CyberDatingExpert site and her best-selling book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online.