Posts tagged ‘singles’
Kissing. It’s the ultimate expression of your affection for someone you like, love or lust after. And with the worldwide celebration of International Kissing Day on July 6th, Zoosk and The Kissing Expert are encouraging lovers and friends everywhere to take a little romantic journey for the day, and kiss with abandon – it’s the perfect 007 license for seizing the moment with someone you have a crush, crinkl
Now if making a soul connection with someone who gives you butterfly flutters is not enough, here are a few more reasons to indulge in this sweet ‘n sexy pleasure on this happy holiday:e or crunch on, or have long been in a deep relationship with.
- “A Kiss A Day Keeps the Doctor Away”: As one of The Kissing Expert’s mantras, kissing truly is a total body remedy. It keeps your heart healthy (it lowers blood pressure), your mind at ease (it drives the secretion of feel good chemicals like serotonin and oxcytocin), your skin rosy and lips plump (the dilating blood vessels give you that fresh “glow”), and improves the essence of youth (passionate “necking” tones the muscles in the jaw and neck line)…If that wasn’t compelling enough, a vigorous smooch session burns calories too (who knew?), which is infinitely more fun than a treadmill (and will keep you tip top frisky!)!
- Kissing makes your checking account go “ka-ching”: A German study showed that a man who was kissed by his wife before leaving for work was apt to make more money…The reason is simple – kissin
- Kissing is the tiny spark that can ignite the raging fuego: Nothing says “I want you” better than a soft, sensual brushing of lingering lips. And whether the relationship is in that fresh “I can’t get enough of you” phase, or totally “tried and true” (and maybe needs the occasional re-boot), getting “lip to lip” is the best sensual prelude for getting “skin to skin”.g breeds contentment, which in turn spurs confidence and self-esteem…This will not only motivate your lover professionally, but personally when it comes the happiness and well-being of your relationship. You can never kiss too much…
So on July 6th, The Kissing Expert is calling out to the amorous everywhere to commemorate this special day with Zoosk by turning to someone you know, or even don’t know, and kiss with exuberance. It could make our crazy world a better place!
Got some kissing advice you’d like to share? Share your lip-lock lessons in our comment section!
You know the feeling. You see a message from someone whose profile you’ve checked out and a smile comes over your face. Eventually, when you reply, your well-crafted responses get another message in return.
You seem to be well on your way to building a connection and mustering the courage to ask your new Zoosk crush out for a coffee. And then….nothing. You get no response and days go by. You try not to think about it, but somewhere, in the back of your mind, you’re wondering what went wrong.
Was it something I said?
Did s/he check out my pictures again and saw something they didn’t like?
While sitting at a red light or waiting in the supermarket line, you remember that picture that initially got your interest in passing. But, some time goes by and you forget all about it. After all, there’re thousands of other potential dates around you.
But what if you want to give it another shot?
Ignore the fact that you haven’t heard from them in weeks. Have you never become so busy that you missed an email?
Message them again with a brand new topic. Lightly reference your previous conversation and ask them for that coffee now. It can go something like this:
“So hey, there’s an amazing indie band playing at the Main Street Cafe, I hear they kinda sound like that ____Band They Said They Like Here____.”
They may easily pass prefer meeting to playing catch-up with their messages. Remember, they did join a Romantic Social Network and it was to meet people like you!
Do you have other clever suggestions for breaking the ice again? Share them in our comments section!
Alex is a the PR Manager for Zoosk and, on his free time, he likes to DJ Electro House music and is learning to build furniture.
Manners are the core principle of being a gentleman. Nowadays, they have slightly disappeared from one’s education, and the world in which we live in, slowly forgetting what people took centuries to learn.
I was brought up in a family where manners were important, without being too strict. My dad used to tell us that we were lucky, that when he was growing up, kids were not allowed to speak at the dinner table.
The manners I have been brought up with are pretty simple but, I believe, necessary – if you want to be able to fit into any social situation. The first rule is: always be mindful of others and this is the common thread of all the ‘rules’ on the list below.
If you want to make a good impression on a first date, I believe these tips are as important as brushing your teeth:
- Always hold the door for others (Not only for women).
- Let ladies go through the door first.
- Let the woman go first everywhere except up stairs.
- Keep your nostril explorations for when you are on your own.
- When invited somewhere, never come empty handed. Bring wine, chocolates or a small gift.
- Always wait for the other to be finished before talking, interrupting is rude.
At the table:
- The host has to arrange a table plan (Those things are not only for weddings !), but this doesn’t need to be too formal.
- Nobody starts eating before everyone is served (unless the host says otherwise).
- Never put elbows on the table (not too enforced anymore, but useful in presence of older and very uptight people).
- Never speak with your mouth full.
- Never chew with your mouth open, making a noise is very rude.
- Eat everything, at least a little bit even if you don’t like it.
- Never lick your knife.
- Always serve the ladies first! (This makes me crazy at a restaurant. I usually go against the waiter(ess) when they serve me first, and make sure my date has her plate in front of her first).
I might be missing out on a few, but following these principles really make a difference in everyday life. Apply these principles to your life and see how people’s perception changes! What other politeness mistakes can you think of? Let us know in the comments section.
Country manager, Zoosk Marketing
Claude is a traveler, surfer and eternal romantic. French Native, he loves to cook and enjoys every minute of the life on this world.
I met Tegan Buzz on Zoosk at the time she was 22. We met in February 2009. Our first son was due in early March 2010 but surprised us and was born ten weeks premature. Followed was our second son in April 2011. After our second son was born we split for a little bit to make sure it’s what we really wanted as our relationship moved really quickly.
We both feel that it was meant to be and now we can’t imagine life without each other. She’s the only person that makes me feel the way she does. I love her for her and she loves me for me. We have no insecurities around one another.
She’s my rock, my world, and has given me the two best gifts anybody could ever ask for, my two sons.
Thank you Zoosk for helping me find my one best friend, my partner, my world, my rock and my soul mate.
Congratulations, Harley and Tegan, sounds like you found something very special!
I’ve been signed up for four days when Leigh Ann sent me a message with her phone number. We texted until about 2am and decided to go out that weekend. I knew there was something different about her the moment I saw her – call it love at first sight. We spontaneously walked around downtown Fort Worth talking for hours, grabbed dinner, and went to a local live music show where I sat in with the band and sang Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll”. We danced to Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters,” and argued over who first performed “To Make You Feel My Love” (we were both wrong). I dropped her off at her apartment, we kissed good night, and she said “I’ll see you next weekend.” We became an item a week later. Tomorrow will be five months that we’ve been together, and we’ve decided on getting married after she graduates from college in three years.
Congratulations, John and Leigh Ann, sounds like you both found someone great to rock out with!
In September of 2011, I had created a profile on Zoosk. I was tired of meeting guys in the traditional “bar scene.” A few weeks went by and I received a message from a guy that only included his phone number. It took me a couple days to think about if I wanted to call him. When I did, we agreed to meet up and have a drink, but I got scared and blew him off. Three days later I finally DID meet with him and I knew this was the guy I wanted to marry. After just six months in April he proposed to me and we just got married October 22, 2011. I never thought that it was possible to find someone like him. He puts me first and would like a family someday. There is someone out there for everyone. Thank you ZOOSK!!!!!
Congratulations and thank YOU for sharing your story with us!