Posts tagged ‘zoosk couple’
Spring is upon us and for many our resolutions have also sprung… a leak, that is. Studies show that 50% of folks who make resolutions have thrown in the towel by the end of February. And, “losing weight” as well as “staying healthy” consistently make the top ten most popular resolutions.
So, what can we do to get our fitness resolutions back on track? Turn to our partners. Yes, our partners. Why not? With spring in the air, it’s time to start anew, to take advantage of Spring Fever, and to start exercising alongside the love of our lives. It could be surfing on the weekends, playing tennis in the evenings, hitting the gym after work or starting one of those intense 90-day DVD programs, as my wife and I recently completed.
Here are five reasons you should work out with your partner:
1. It’s a time saver. Life is busy. It’s easy to let something fall through the cracks, be it focus on your relationship or keeping to your fitness plan. When you exercise with your significant other, you are killing two birds with one stone.
2. It’s sexy. When you exercise together, you sweat together. You feel good about yourself and your partner. When you start to notice your partner’s changing body, let them know how good it looks on them. Odds are, the compliment will be reciprocated. And, when you know your partner finds you hot, you feel good about yourself and what you are doing.
3. It inspires you. Exercising is one of those things that is easily pushed pushed aside. And, once you skip a day, the next day is even easier to skip until you’ve missed a week and figure it’s time to throw in the proverbial towel. Studies show that working out with a partner holds you accountable to your resolution. When you see your partner getting out there and sweating, that can inspire you to follow suit. Encouraging one another is the motivation that many need.
4. It connects you. Having our own individual interests and lives is important in relationships. But so are shared and common interests. If you are sharing an exercise Boot Camp, cross country skiing or training for a half marathon together, not only are you physically with one another while you work on your fitness, but you also have a common activity you can talk about with each other when you are not training.
5. Endorphins! When you exercise your brain releases endorphins, neurotransmitters that get you high on life. These buggers fire when we win a competition, make love and laugh. They are why we don’t want to stop winning, making love or laughing. When you get these guys firing and you are feeling amazing, you’ll associate that feeling with your activity as well as the person you share that activity with.
So, get back on the resolution track and drag your partner with you! Neither of you will be sorry you did and you can share what happens in our comments section!
Leon Scott Baxter is America’s Romance Guru and author of A Labor With Love and Out of the Doghouse and the new book, The Finance of Romance
I’ve been signed up for four days when Leigh Ann sent me a message with her phone number. We texted until about 2am and decided to go out that weekend. I knew there was something different about her the moment I saw her – call it love at first sight. We spontaneously walked around downtown Fort Worth talking for hours, grabbed dinner, and went to a local live music show where I sat in with the band and sang Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll”. We danced to Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters,” and argued over who first performed “To Make You Feel My Love” (we were both wrong). I dropped her off at her apartment, we kissed good night, and she said “I’ll see you next weekend.” We became an item a week later. Tomorrow will be five months that we’ve been together, and we’ve decided on getting married after she graduates from college in three years.
Congratulations, John and Leigh Ann, sounds like you both found someone great to rock out with!
We met March 24, 2011 and we got engaged Sept. 24, 2011. We’re getting married Nov. 24, 2012. Our relationship has moved fast, but finding love online isn’t what we intended. We were just looking at who was out there and things just sparked immediately. I love and trust my fiancé more than anyone. We have been through some very trying times in our lives from deaths in his family to losing my job. We stand strong together. Thank you again Zoosk!
Congratulations, Catherine! Sounds like you both found an amazing connection on Zoosk!
Everything felt hopeless for a while but then I discovered your site where I met my beloved Camilla. Thanks Zoosk, I’m so happy that you exist
Congratulations, Andreas and Camilla! We’re happy you exist too!
“We met and chatted on Zoosk for some time. We eventually decided to meet up after talking online and countless texts. We spent the weekend together and chatted as though we had known each other forever. The rest is history, and every day is better than the last.” – Thomas from Queensland, Australia
Congratulations Thomas and we find your story very inspiring!
Watch this couple take “dinner and a movie” to the next level in Zoosk’s new U.S. television commercial!
What kind of dates do you like? Find the date that fits you on Zoosk!
This love song and romantic music video was inspired by a true love story, of a couple whose paths crossed for the first time on Zoosk, despite being neighbors on the same street! Now that’s what we call serendipity.
Produced and screenwritten by Juliette Tang. Direction, cinematography, and editing by Erik Scanlon. Music and lyrics composed by Mouzhan Yousefi.